Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What are we up to?

Our Exploder (ford explorer) hit 100,000 miles!! Man do we need a new car soon! The only car purchasing going on right now though is at the auction to sell for profit.... dang it. We still go to the auction every Tuesday, so if you are sick of dealing with dealerships, want to pay under book for a car and not pay a bunch of dealer fees, remember who you know!
Sept. 26th was one of those Saturdays, it started out with the Rampage 5k at Maceys. Aspen had been advertising for it for two weeks, she wanted to make sure we made to the pancake breakfast just like her teacher. Those pancakes were disturbingly disgusting, but the eggs and bacon were good and the money went to her school!
Chandler getting to sit in a fire truck, HEAVEN!
After working on the yard, tearing out the garden and showering.... I headed up to Women's Conference with my best friend Jen and some ladies in the ward. It was a really great experience, I have never been to anything at the conference center. The best part is when the congregation would sing, the sound in the room was breath taking!
Afterwards we indulged in Red Lobster, yummo!


Nichole update: Nichole is struggling to have self-confidence and love herself. As a result she continues to find bad people and make poor descions. She is currently in Juvie, again. She has court tomorrow to determine where to place her. She may end up in a group home or long term treatment facility. This is all very hard for me, I just wish I could knock some sense in her and have her home with me where I can protect her. The only person who can help Nichole is Nichole. Please pray for her!

3 comments:

Gerb said...

The RS Conference this year was especially neat for me. I wish I could have heard the women singing together in the Conference Center, though!

I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I will keep her in my prayers. My younger brother made similar choices for a long time before he made a huge life change and came back to the church so I sort of understand the feelings you must be experiencing... although I am sure there is nothing the same as having your own child go through these things. Take care.

Cara said...

Oh thanks Gerb! But you relate to me more then you realize, that is my sister, well daughterly-sister. She lives with me and I have been raising her for four years. I hope she finds her way!

Gerb said...

I sort of wondered when you said your husband had his 25th birthday and she seemed a bit old to be your daughter...

That does make it difficult, doesn't it? She is a beautiful girl. I hope things work out for the best!